Friday, January 29, 2010
Chocolate Custard Cream Puffs
Neighbour Maria fell in love with my cream puffs.
This time, I offered her new flavours, Chocolate Custard and regular fresh cream (she used to order only vanilla custard cream)
For the chocolate custard, I tweaked my usual recipe to be like this. Still using whole eggs rather than just egg yolks… I will avoid pure yolks recipes unless I have a pure egg white recipe coming up.
Chocolate Custard Filling
500ml chocolate milk
2 level Tbsp all purpose flour
2 level Tbsp cornstarch
60gm bittersweet chocolate
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Bring chocolate milk to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, beat eggs with sugar until pale coloured. Mix in flour and cornstarch until well combined.
3. Pour some boiling milk into the egg mixture while stirring with a balloon whisk. Adding more as u stir. When u've added more than half of the milk, u can pour in all the milk. Stir well.
4. Pour custard mixture back into saucepan and on low heat, cook custard until it simmers and no longer taste floury.
5. Remove from heat. Add in vanilla. Put in chocolate and let it sit for 1 minute. Stir until chocolate melts and remove to a container to chill.
This amount of custard is enough to fill one portion of my choux recipe
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA