Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Delicious! Fragrant! Yum yum yum! It's more fragrant than orange marmalade, but minus the bitterness. Isn't that a good deal?
Kumquats are still available in Tesco, so go grab them while you still can! (Medan Ipoh Branch no more, last Sunday!!, but I still saw them in Kampar on CNY day 3. Saw 2 patheric punnets in Jusco Ipoh) Or just get them off your tree, ahahah! No no... if it's a newly bought tree like mine, please wait for the next batch of fruits.
Try this out unless you want to wait for next year.
Recipe source: Wendyywy
250gm rock sugar
1. Half kumquats and remove seeds.
2. Place all kumquats in a pot. Put in water and sugar.
3. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Check on kumquats. If they have softened. Turn off the heat. Let it cool down a bit.
4. Blend kumquats coarsely or finely (up to you) and return it to the pot. The kumquat puree will look opaque.
5. Meanwhile sterilize 2 jam jars.
6. Cook the puree on medium low heat until it looks glossy. (you can do the wrinkle test, it will form)
7. Pour hot jam into sterilized jars and cover it immediately. When it cools the safety seal will go down. Do not open jars until time to consume.