Happy Sunday and I think most people like to shop on Sundays due to working on weekdays. I on the other hand, hates shopping on Sundays, even when I was still working. I'd rather go after work and shop on weekdays.
I bought these from Amazon (except for the chips). I love internet shopping, but it's dangerous. It can easily go out of hand. What I do is, usually I will add it to my cart, but I don't complete the purchase first, save it. Few days later, after more surfing, I'll decide again if I still need it. If not, I'll remove it. This way, I refrained from making impulsive purchases of which I will tend to do. I am kind of an impulsive person, in some ways.
Here's my loot this time, and they were brought back by my MIL and BIL on their recent trip back.
So... what are they
1. Ball Pan. You can make a sphere cake. Bake the cake in 2 half spheres, join them together and you get a really round cake, like a ball.
2. Zeroll Mini Cookie Scoop. Perfect for quick cookie shaping and proportioning. I made peanut cookies using these this year and wah.... 10 minutes and I'm done shapping the recipe for 300gm nuts of which took me ages usually.
3. Silpat. Non stick silicon mats of which dunno why turns greasy after use, wash and keep. Areas exposed to air turns greasy, because I keep the baking surface of both mats together, inside, the back of which faces out turns greasy. Anyone has the same experience?
4. Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker attachment. Hahaha, bye bye icy ice cream, say Hello to smoooooooth ice creams. This ice cream bowl needs to be attached to my mixer like the regular bowl, but it needs to be frozen overnight before use.
5. Kitchenaid bowl cover. Covers my bowl when not in use. Looks nicer than a towel. LOL. Came in pack of 2. I shared this purchase with Lena (Frozen Wings) who happened to have the same mixer model as mine
6. Kitchenaid 5 speed hand blender plus attachments. KHB2561. I have a Kenwood at the moment, but I am not satisfied with it so I bought this. A lot lot smoother and a lot lot quieter. I used this with my transformer. Do not plug any electrical appliances bought in US directly into the socket. You'll burn it.
7. Pie Weights. Yup, going to bake pies and will be used in blind baking, Bye bye beans and no more wastage.
8. Microplane zester/grater - You don't know what you're missing if you haven't tried this before. The zest is so much finer than my fine grater. And it's pretty sharp, so minimal force is needed.
Beaterblade- supposedly, it scrapes the bowl as it creams in my mixer, but it only scrapes half the bowl. Ok la...
9. Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips - I only asked my MIL to buy some Choc Chips back and I'm glad she bought these. These cost a bomb here. Move the decimal point to the right, that's how much the difference is, dollar to dollar. It's pricier on Amazon than at Walmart. Walmart is about $2 something per pack.
What's in shopping list next.... lots more, I'm waiting for the next trip, LOL!