Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Today is my last day of Child Care Leave (Cuti Jaga Anak). 3 years have passed. Time flew by. And Lyanne is now in kindergarden.
But I'm not going back to school tomorrow. I applied to finish up my quota, that is another 2 more years. So, I'll be back to work in 2014, probably, hopefully.
Lydia's ex nanny gave us a few locally grown avocadoes and the colour is more intense than supermarket bought Hass varieties. It was beautiful when baked in a cake.
Actually this is the recipe from my 2nd attempt. The first attempt was too acidic, hence, dry and crumbly texture. Then I modified the recipe a bit and this one is nice. Perfect with a cup of tea. The colour is really this intense.. no joke.
Avocado Milk Cake
Recipe created by: Wendyywy
120gm avocado flesh (very ripe and mushy, scrape all the way to the skin for best colour)
1 Tbsp lime/lemon juice
150gm condensed milk
200gm cake flour
100gm all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda (use more if your avocado is not very ripe)
2 large eggs
1. Combine avocado flesh with lemon juice and mash until fine. Pass it through a sieve. Set aside.
2. Sift cake flour, all purpose, baking powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven at 150(fan)/170C. Prepare 2 loaf pans (3X8), line them.
4. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition. Beat in condensed milk until well incorporated. Put half the sifted flour in and mix on low speed. Add the balance of flour. When everything is smooth, on low speed beat in avocado puree.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 35 minutes or until done