Wednesday, July 31, 2013
I know that if I don't make a Mickey cake this year, I won't know when I'll get that chance again. Kids grow up pretty fast.
This Mickey shirt has gone thru all the phases with my kids, yes all three of them. This shirt, although intended for 3M, have lasted until each kid is over 2yo. I won't discard this shirt.. will be keeping it as long as I can. Sweet memories :) It is still in acceptable condition, considering it's been used for almost 6 years., and my kids wear this very very often, as in, weekly!
For this cake, I made the ears and face with different flavours. Or you can even do 3 different flavours if you want.
What you will need for this cake
Frosting- Swiss Meringue Butter Cream 1.5 portions, there will be extras
Ears-2 pcs 6-inch round cakes. I made them with this recipe
Face- 8-inch round cake
Black- Oreo crumbs (Grind oreo cookies without the cream finely)
Beige- Marie biscuit crumbs
Outline- Melted Dark Chocolate
Extra tools- Cotton Strings for border marking
1. Frost the cake with buttercream. Mark the outline with toothpick.
2. Use cotton strings to form borders. Press oreo crumbs into the scalp of mickey.
3. Press Marie biscuits crumbs onto the face.
4. Form the tongue with raspberry pieces.
5. Remove the cotton strings. Draw outline with melted chocolate.
6. Put some buttercream onto the spot where the ears should be and put the ears into place.
* Prepare ears first, frost with cream then pat with oreo crumbs.
I finished this cake at 3am, because I only started at midnight. I prepared the cream and completed everything while they were sleeping. I was soooooo tired. And I'm glad this was his reaction the next day. The girls can't stop opening the fridge door to see the cake.
|he actually dug the cake's side and licked it.|
Here's how it looks like inside
Oreo chiffon cake recipe, I made a 6 egg batter and baked them in two 6 inch pans
Matcha cake, just used 2 tsp of matcha powder with the same recipe, without the oreos. I adjusted the amounts into a 4 egg recipe.
Normally I don't eat matcha stuff, but since I had some matcha powder leftover from this year's CNY project for QBB, I just used them up.