This cake is quick to do and easy to eat.
I am in love with cakes made with almond meal. It is moist and delicious with a beautiful tender crumb.
The recipe is adapted from Tartelette’s poached pear cake and I have previously tried it before and it was like she said, slightly pudding-like. I reduced the cream this time, it was more cake like and everybody loved it.
I tend to have left over berries from bakes, a bit here a bit there and so I freeze them. This cake is perfect if you want to finish off those bit of here and there.
I have used the same base a few times and I am in love with the one with mixed berries. I hope you like this as much as we do.
Mixed Berries Almond Cake
The basic cake recipe is modified from Tartelette
125gm whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
100gm almond meal
35gm all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 heaped cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
1. Grease a 9 inch baking dish or 6pcs 150ml ramekins or 3 pcs of Daiso baking dishes (Daiso’s baking dish are approximately +/-300ml capacity). Preheat oven at 160(fan)/180C. (the 9 inch pan I suggest 150(fan)/170C)
2. Mix almond meal, flour and baking powder together until well blended. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar for about 1-2 minutes then beat in eggs, one by one. Beat in vanilla extract. Put half of the almond mixture in and beat on low speed until well combined and beat in the balance of almond mixture. Put in cream and beat on low speed until well combined.
4. Scrape the sides with spatula and pour the batter into prepared baking dish(es). Top with berries.
5. Bake until golden (9 inch 35-40 mins, Daiso 25 mins, Ramekins 15-20 mins)
|I can finish up one of these, easy peasy!|