New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, October 18, 2013

Cabbage Salad with Chuka-fu Dressing - Easy Japanese Fare #3


About 10 years ago, when I was still in Klang Valley, I frequent this Japanese eatery Ryu Men Tei in Subang Jaya on a weekly basis. I have roughly eaten about 90% of what is on their menu. My then bf, now husband, loves the restaurant as well. The restaurant was always packed, even on weekdays.

Whenever we go there for dinner, and if we order the dinner bento set, it comes together with a cabbage chuka-fu salad and chawan mushi. I always enjoy the salad as the sourish dressing really gets my appetite going. We stopped frequenting the restaurant when we decided to get married and had to reduce our expenditure to save up for the wedding, LOL

After we got married..... one day when we visit the restaurant again.

In just one year plus.... the scenario seemed to have changed. Food tastes the same..but the crowd was no longer there. More and more Japanese restaurants have sprouted and it seems, business has grown tough.

Now, I seriously do not know how the restaurant is doing....


Japanese Cabbage Salad
Tasted and recreated by WendyinKK
Serves 2

1 heaped cup of finely sliced cabbage
8 slices of Japanese cucumbers
4 Slices of Tomatoes
few lemon wedges
Toasted sesame seeds

Chuka-fu Dressing
3 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil

Mix the dressing ingredients together and taste.
The taste should be well balanced, if not, adjust to your preference

To serve
Divide vegetables into 2 portions and drizzle the dressing over.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds as garnish

*Toss it before eating




I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Japan Month

5 comments:

  1. i also like salad, very healthy
    my blog, do follow :
    Tak Mungkin Benar

    Azim Aris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I also enjoy Japanese salad. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love japanese cabbage salad! and truth to be told, I always thought it was some special cabbage because I don't really like eating cabbage >.< Guess the dressing makes a whole lot of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ho....tried this and posted, thanks for sharing as usual!

    http://jottingsoflife.blogspot.com/2013/10/aff-japan-japanese-cabbage-salad-with.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...