I happened to see some crabs at the wet market near my mom's place and so I bought some.
I learnt during MFF Kedah and Perlis that seafood can be cooked with pineapple. So I tried it out myself.
The pineapples added a lovely flavour dimension to the curry. We loved it.
Crab Curry with Pineapple
2 large flower crabs, cleaned and cut into pieces
2 red chillies, thickly sliced
2 lemongrass, base smashed
100 ml coconut milk
Half a large pineapple, halved and sliced
Salt to taste
Grind to a paste
3 red chillies
10 dried chillies
3 cloves of garlic
1 inch ginger
1 pc of belacan , pinkie sized
1. Heat up wok and put in 3 tbsp of oil. On medium heat sauté the paste until it smells really good and takes on a glossy look.
2. Put in 3 cups of water and lemon grass and let it come to a boil. Lower to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Crank up the heat and put in coconut milk, give it a good stir and bring it back to boil.
4. Put in crab pieces, pineapple and sliced chillies. Bring everything back to a boil and cover the wok. Let it simmer on medium heat for 10 mintues.
5. Taste and season with sugar and salt. Remove from heat.
|was lazy to dish it up to shoot, so, in the wok it stayed ;)|