I didn't want to cook it in a complicated way and so I made it into a salad that I once tasted at Monte's in BSC. It's simple and nice and perfect for entertaining. The version I had was served with Thousand Island sauce, but, I didn't have that at home, so I made my own. If you have tomato paste, it's even better!
Prawn and Mango Salad
Recipe source: Wendyywy
Inspired by: Monte's at BSC
As many prawns as you like
As much mango as you like
2 parts mayonnaise
1 part tomato sauce
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Season it with some salt and sugar. Put prawns in and boil until it curls and looks pink.
2. Drain prawns and dunk them immediately into iced water.
3. Peel prawns and set them aside (chill if possible)
4. Prepare your serving dishes. Place some lettuce on the bottom.
5. Peel and cut mangoes into whichever way you fancy. Place them over the lettuce.
6. Arrange prawns and tomato wedges and chillin fridge until time to serve.
7. Prepare dressing: Mix mayonnaise and tomato sauce together, season with some salt and pepper. Garnish with some spring onions or if you have chives, go with chives (not chinese chives!)
8. Spoon dressing over salad just before serving.