Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Recipe prepared in Dec 2010
During my 2nd trimester pregnant with Reuben, I wanted to drink sweet soups quite often. One early evening, I just wanted to have some, and I wanted black glutinous rice porridge. My hubby drove me to get some pandan leaf from an aunt's house and we went to buy the ingredients. I got home and prepared everything and by supper, it was ready.
I loved it soooooooooo much. Foetus Reuben must have been jumping for joy in my tummy to get what he wanted. Well, I can't feel him yet that time, he was only 4 months big.
Azuki and Black Glutinous Rice Porridge
Recipe source: Wendyywy
250gm red beans
100gm black glutinous rice
Few blades of pandan leaf, shredded and tied into a knot
1. Soak azuki beans for 2 hours (in hot water) or better, overnight(in tap water).
2. Wash glutinous rice and soak for 2 hours.
3. Put water in a pot, put in pandan knot, beans and rice, and bring to a boil.
4. Lower heat to simmer for minimum 2 hours, or until beans break up and sort of disintergrate.
5. Bring heat to high and put in sugar. Let it boil on high heat for 10 minutes so that the rice will release more starch.
6. Turn off heat. Serve hot or chilled.
1. Blogger Masterchef, the SemiFinals (62 comments)Shu Han didn't claim it
An the new winner is Edith of Precious Moments
2. What others did during the Semi Finals (9 comments)Marina didn't claim it and the new winner is WyYv
3. 10. The finale.. and I won it? (90 comments)Echo didn't respond and so, Peteformation is the new one.
Thank you all and please email me with your addresses.