Recipe created in July 2011
I bought these prawns on a trip to the night market and they looked really fresh.
I had no idea what to cook with them yet and the next day I knew I just got to cook them asap.
I used what was in my pantry and came up with this dish.
Take note that the garlic was sauteed on low heat so that they dry up and get crispy, then only later, the prawns are returned on high heat. This way, everything remains fragrant and not soggy.
Garlicky Spicy Prawns
Recipe source: WendyinKK
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2 bird’s eye chilli (those I used were pretty fiery)
1 tsp meat curry powder
2 Tbsp cream (sub with coconut milk if you don’t have)
½ tsp salt
1. Wash and trim prawns. Remove eyes, feelers and most of the legs with scissors. Drip them really dry.
2. Heat a wok on high. Put in 3 Tbsp of oil, swirl the oil around, make sure wok is really, really hot.
3. Carefully but quickly pour in all the prawns. Spread them around and do not move them too soon.
4. When you see the side facing down turning pink/orange then you flip them over and fry them until they are really fragrant. Remove from wok and set aside.
5. With the same wok(don't wash), on low heat, if there is still oil, use it if not, add in 1 tbsp of oil and slowly fry garlic until almost golden and then put in chilli, salt and curry powder. Carefully fry them until fragrant and dry. Turn heat to high.
6. Return fried prawns to wok and toss them around to heat up. Put in cream and give it a few seconds of tossing.
7. Dish up and serve.
That look so delicious and so appetizing! You are one great chef creating something delicious.ReplyDelete
Hi Wendy, I was so busy last few weeks. Today only manage to view ur blog! Missed your blog a lot! You always got nice & wonderful receipes to share with us! May I know what cream you use for this prawn? Thanks & regards, JasMine ChuahReplyDelete
Yum.... looks so wonderful. Must be very fragrant. We love garlic.ReplyDelete
Oh yes, it was very garlicky for me.
Salivating!!!! Real teaser ....I know I have to cook this...simple yet delicious shrimp dish;)ReplyDelete
i want these for my happy hour!ReplyDelete
This dish must be very spicy~~ I can literally feel the hotness in it, wow~ReplyDelete
First time drop by your blog and i really fall in love..surely visit more often.
May i know what is the cream that you mentioned above?
Well I think you did the right thing. I would love to eat theseReplyDelete
Cream is dairy cream, any form.
Whipping cream, heavy cream, single cream, pouring cream.. as u like, because it's only for cooking.
I look at these prawns and wish I could pop over at your place for a nice meal! If someone cooked for me like that, I probably won't bother cooking myself! :)ReplyDelete