New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stir Fried Aubergine with Minced Meat



Another aubergine dish by the gundu katrika :)

My father in law don't eat greens, and he eats aubergine and bean sprouts. And they don't look green.
When MIL is here in Malaysia, sometimes I cook for the whole family, and that includes my in laws and bro in law. So, I have to do something that my FIL will eat. 


Stir Fried Aubergine with Minced Meat
500gm aubergine, cut into 2 inch lengths, divided 6 or 8 matchsticks
1/3 cup minced meat (chicken or pork)
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 bird’s eye chili, finely chopped
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Dash of pepper
Oil for deep frying

1. Wash aubergine, air dry. Cut into sticks.
2. Deep fry on high heat until slightly golden. Drain on paper towels.
3. Put 2 Tbsp oil in wok, sauté shallots and garlic until fragrant but not golden. Put in chili.
4. Put in minced meat and stir fry until meat is lightly browned and is dry.
5. Put fried aubergines back into wok and give it a good toss.
6. Season with light soy, salt and sugar. Give it a few good tosses and dish up

**********************************************************************************

When u want dish up, push the aubergines to the side of the wok before u take them out. Let them stay there for a while. U will see excess oil in base of wok, Do not dish up the extra oil. But if u did not start with enough oil in the beginning, u will not have a fragrant dish.

23 comments:

  1. Oh, see the purple color, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...yummy. Wendy, this eggplant dish looks totally irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cook this rather often huh? Same lah like my in-laws, to them aubergine and bean sprouts are "vegies", so they didn't understand when i said: "'no greens' today?"

    I think my FIL will like this version, he likes it stir-fried with curry powder best. Thanks for pointing out that we need to dish it out later. Is there any difference in the long aubergine and the super-long aubergine? I heard the round ones are good for curries only, true? Then there are also the baby ones...I'm not familiar with aubergines lah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dish very much with rice and a little salted fish too! I love simple meal after all. Hope you're having a nice day!
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Inbox,
    I know your hubby like aubergine right???
    I don't peel the skins, so, they look purple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel,
    Err... It's just that I blog about this more often than other vege, because the rest are the usual stir fry with garlic style or just blanch and topped with onion oil stuff.

    Don't worry you'll see more vege coming up as I've started cooking almost daily again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristy,
    Oh, that's a slightly different version.
    I might do that next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.. this is one of my favorite vegetable, it looks so much appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cook this very often, so good with rice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dish. I can eat this everyday. I love the beautiful purple color of the eggplant. I can never get mine to look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I remember you doing this before. This looks really good. I can eat a full bowl of rice just with this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a sweet daughter-in-law :D This dish looks very delicious. I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahahahahahahaahahahah

    i bought few aubergine last weekend, i can try to cook this simple dish soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kitchen Corner, Pigspigscorner,
    Hahaha, so many people love aubergines.
    I'm glad to have so many aubergine lover blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Icook4Fun,
    Hmmm, I have no idea why mine remains purple, since I started using organic ones, they have always remained purple. And they don't brown easily when cut and exposed to air.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shirley,
    Errrr,... I've never posted this before.
    That's another version of aubergine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marymoh,
    It's hard to make a man eat vege. Some more FIL, sigh. I can force my hubby but I can't force his daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Voon,
    This is quite simple, but needs to control the fire well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. havent cook yet hahaha just inside my fridge! lazy to cook la.. hahaha but tmr i will cook for sure :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Voon,
    then tomolo let me know lor

    ReplyDelete
  21. sifu! i cook liao but i forget buy mince meat hehehe so i use eggs replace it. it is look like this xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Voon,
    kekeke, look like XXX ah, haha!!
    Try again, I'm sure you can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...