Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I’ve seen a TVB documentary on food, and the host was treated to a dried and fresh bokchoy soup. But her soup looked milky and white instead of mine looking so clear, hahahaha.
Actually I didn’t know what was in the soup so I just threw in whatever I think might make the soup nice. But it doesn’t look like what I saw on TV. Was it that the soup was boiled with pork lungs? I forgot, but here’s soup for you to try if you like “choy gon tong”
Dried and Fresh Bok Choy Soup
Recipe Source: Wendyywy
50gm dried Bok Choy
400gm fresh Bok Choy
1 large carrot
¼ of a foot long dried octopus
250gm pork loin or 300gm pork ribs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak dried bok choy until it softens and cut into 2 inch lengths.
2. Peel and cut carrot into slanting chunks, rinse and snip octopus into 1 inch slices
3. Boil water and put in carrots, octopus, dried bok choy and pork.
4. Boil for 2 hours.
5. Wash and cut fresh bok choy into 2 inch lengths.
6. Put fresh bok choy into the soup and boil for 30 minutes
7. Season with salt and pepper.