Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Dried And Fresh Bok Choy Soup - Soup Week #3
I’ve seen a TVB documentary on food, and the host was treated to a dried and fresh bokchoy soup. But her soup looked milky and white instead of mine looking so clear, hahahaha.
Actually I didn’t know what was in the soup so I just threw in whatever I think might make the soup nice. But it doesn’t look like what I saw on TV. Was it that the soup was boiled with pork lungs? I forgot, but here’s soup for you to try if you like “choy gon tong”
Dried and Fresh Bok Choy Soup
Recipe Source: Wendyywy
50gm dried Bok Choy
400gm fresh Bok Choy
1 large carrot
¼ of a foot long dried octopus
250gm pork loin or 300gm pork ribs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak dried bok choy until it softens and cut into 2 inch lengths.
2. Peel and cut carrot into slanting chunks, rinse and snip octopus into 1 inch slices
3. Boil water and put in carrots, octopus, dried bok choy and pork.
4. Boil for 2 hours.
5. Wash and cut fresh bok choy into 2 inch lengths.
6. Put fresh bok choy into the soup and boil for 30 minutes
7. Season with salt and pepper.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA