Thursday, October 14, 2010
Steamed Pork Slices with Bean Paste
Grandaunt used to make a lot of steamed dishes. Only steamed pork and she has loads and loads of recipes. This is one of them that I love to eat.
The gravy is very, very nice with rice.
Steamed Pork Slices with Bean Paste Recipe
2 tsp hot bean paste (or substitute with 1 tsp finely chopped chilli and 1 ½ tsp regular brown bean paste)
1 tsp sugar
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1. Thinly slice pork fillet.
2. Put bean paste, garlic, water and sugar onto pork and mix well.
3. Put in cornstarch and mix. Finally add in oil.
4. Let the pork marinate for at least half an hour before cooking.
5. Steam on high heat for 10-15 minutes. I prefer pork to be very well done, so I do it on 15.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA