New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Sautéed Mushrooms


I love aglio olio. It’s just pasta coated in garlic chilli oil. Simple but delightful

I love mushrooms, they are sweet and fragrant. Taste absolutely fabulous sautéed in butter.

This is an easy meal. Just 30 minutes and you're good to go.

Sautéed Mushrooms (inspired by Jamie Oliver)
250gm white button mushrooms, lightly and quickly rinsed, sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste

1. Heat a pan on medium heat. Put in oil and butter.
2. Saute garlic until fragrant and lightly golden.
3. Put in sliced mushrooms (turn heat to high) and cook until they wilt and slightly caramelized.
4. Season with salt. Dish up and set aside.



Spaghetti Aglio Olio
200gm spaghetti (to be cooked al dente)
2 dried chillies, coarsely milled, or you can use 1 tsp those pepper flakes in bottles (reserve some for garnish)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
Some parsley for garnish

1. Bring a pot of water to boil, put in some salt and cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Use a clean pan, put in on medium low heat. (I read, do not use high heat, unlike Chinese cooking, let the garlic slowly infuse the oil)
3. Put in olive oil and garlic, cook until garlic is fragrant then put in chilli flakes.
4. Cook until garlic is slightly golden, put in 1/2 tsp salt and put in cooked spaghetti.
5. Toss spaghetti in the fragrant oil. Taste, if not salty enough, add more salt.
6. Put sautéed mushroom into the spaghetti and toss. (Or you can skip this step if you want to top the spaghetti with mushrooms instead of mixing them in)
7. Dish up and top with some chopped parsley.


31 comments:

  1. yum yum.. I love aglio olio and mushrooms too. would love to have chili flakes in my aglio olio. For mushrooms, I love portobello and chinese mushrooms the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe,
    Thanks



    Bakertan,
    I love portobello tooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I love aglio olio and mushroom too! This dish seem easy to prepare, I should try it someday too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pasta with mushrooms and lots of garlic, not just one clove. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know aglio olio's so easy to make til I saw it in some blogs. I'm definately gonna try it one day, JH likes this very much. He's sceptical when I told him it's easy to make. He said: "Can get the same taste we get outside or not?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tempting! If I were your neighbour, I would be at your doorstep right now! This a favourite at home for my daughter and myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby commented my spaghetti aglio olio was too plain, although I added lots of garlic and dried chili, hehe...may be my method is not right. Yours definitely look better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess,
    Yup, not difficult and won't get smokey :)




    ladyhomechef,
    One clove is just too little for me too :)




    Meldylocks,
    It's just simple angmoh chow fun :) Just make sure the pasta is not dripping wet, and use medium low heat to do this, not high heat.
    You tell him la, needs practise ma, sooner or later will the the same as outside.




    Busygran,
    LOL, sure, door is always opened.




    Little Inbox,
    Make sure ur pasta is not wet, and fire shouldn't be big so that the garlic will be dry and golden. If fire is too big, it might be golden, but not that dry inside. When the aromatics turn soggy, it's when it's not nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yums.. some bacon chips perhaps ?? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy...this is my all time favourite pasta..Aglio Olio ! I prefer this to the red thick bolognaise sauce :p this is so simple yet delicious :) I am drooling at yours and at the same time thinking this " I am going to cook this for dinner " Thanks for sharing and inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kids and I love Aglio Olio too, this sound good, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this too!! thanks for reminding me to make it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy, I love this one also, easy to prepare and healthy also :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swee San,
    Yes.... yummy, but this time I want to make the mushroom be the star, next time the bacon will be the star.




    Elin,
    Yeah, me too. Can eat this everyday, kekeke.




    Sonia,
    Cook some then, eating out for this seems a lot more expensive than cooking.




    kk,
    Quickly make some soon



    Shirley,
    :)




    Min,
    U're welcomed to join the crowd of aglio olio lovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I told you before, right? Will definitely get down to making aglio olio. Have heard so much about it and yet never get to try it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wendy, I am totally with you about aglio olio...simple, but delish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pei-Lin,
    You should try some in restaurants before you attempt it, so that you will know what you should achieve. It's very much a dish made from gauging, altho it seems easy. Next time we go for Italian food the next time we meet up ok? Make sure u eat some aglio olio



    Angie's REcipes,
    True true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use one whole bulb of garlic. I think restaurants use tons of garlic too. It seems like a lot but when sliced or chopped finely it isn't a lot.

      Delete
  18. When I was in Rome, I lived on Aglio olio and penne pasta throughout my trip! I will never get tired of it! Your version of Aglio olio looks delicious! Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quay Po Cooks,
    thanks. Simple food is hard to get tired of.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply delish home-cooked meal...I love mushrooms as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have tried this recipe last weekend. Just simply delicious. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Wendy,

    May i know how many ppl can be serve with this portion? Please advice and thanks in advance for the reply :)

    Cheers,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I tried it! It's awesome! Thx sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the recipe
    it's look great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...