Friday, October 1, 2010
Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
My hubby loves Chicken Cordon Bleu. And it's the fried version.
When I saw a baked version on Angie's Recipes, I knew I just have to make this very soon.
I had a hard time trying to secure the ends, with a few time almost poking through my fingers.
I served this with a serving of salad with tomato cream and baked garlic fries. My husband said this tasted better than the local cafe that he frequents for this dish, saying this tasted like chicken. Not that the cafe didn't use chicken, hahaha, but the chicken was coated in so much batter and crumbs that the chicken doesn't seem to be the main star.
Here's what I used
2 Boneless Chicken whole legs
Salt, pepper and oregano
2 sliced of ham
2 slices of cheddar cheese (each broken up into 4 long strips and stacked)
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp finely grated parmesan
1 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp chicken broth (I used instant noodles chicken flavour seasoning, just 1/2 tsp mixed with water)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180/200C.
2.Lightly flatten the boneless whole legs with the back of a cleaver or a meat mallet.
3. Sprinkle some salt, pepper and ground oregano onto chicken.
4. Put a piece of ham, then a piece of stacked cheese onto each chicken leg.
5. Roll up and secure ends with toothpicks.
6. Mix broth with garlic.
7. Mix bread crumbs and parmesan
8. Roll chicken into chicken broth and then the breadcrumb mixture.
9. Drizzle melted butter over chicken.
10. Bake chicken for 20-30 minutes or until chicken looks golden and crispy.
11. Remove toothpicks before serving.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA