Powered by Blogger.

New Recipe Index

New Recipe Index is published.
The old one doesn't function anymore.
Please find the button under my Blog's title

Blueberry and Nectarine Cake

Saturday, October 16, 2010


I fell in love with the cake the moment I saw it on Piggy's blog.
It looked so so pretty.

Then I saw Elin doing this as well with peaches and blueberries. That time I already have nectarine and blueberries (bought weeks ago) in the fridge. I shouldn't wait any longer. Actually, somehow I've forgotten about this cake, until I saw it on Elin's blog.


I used China nectarines, which are a lot cheaper. This cake is very nice to eat, moist and soft.


Nectarine and Blueberry Cake Recipe
Recipe source : Piggy's Cooking Journal who adapted from 手のひらサイズのベイクドケーキ

Ingredients:
144g butter, at room temperature
100g castor sugar
2 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
144g self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (I skipped this)
2 tablespoon yogurt
2 nectarines, cut into slices (mine was rather smallish)
40 blueberries (surprisingly, I really did throw in 20 blueberries per pan without counting initially, cos that is all that could fit the sides nicely)

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Grease a 18cm loaf pan, and then line with baking paper.
2) In a medium bowl, whip butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat the egg into the batter, follow by vanilla extract. Mix until just combine.
3) Mix in yogurt, follow by flour and baking powder. Mix until the flour just disappear from the batter.
4) Scrape the batter into the pan. Arrange nectarine slices and blueberries on the batter.
5) Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean. Remove from oven, let the cakes cool on wire rack, serve.


22 lovely notes:

ai wei October 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

yum yum lovely, will have a try :)

Honey Bee Sweets October 16, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

Looks lovely and delicious! Gonna try to bake it for me mum next week, thanks!

Von October 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Mmmm....it does look pretty- and delicious too!! And wow- the nectarines are pink inside!! =O I always look at a recipe, thinking that I'll make it, but end up forgetting about it =S Probably because I read too many blogs and want to make too many recipes! haha...

Belly Good Cooking October 16, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Wow, your cake looks very lovely too. Well done :D

Shirley @ Kokken69 October 16, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Wow, this cake looks really good! I think this may work well as a skillet cake too?

lena October 16, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

i like how those nectarines were being arranged on the cake..where did you get the nectarines from? is it available here in ipoh?

WyYv October 17, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

it looks so yummy, how i wish to have a bite at that ^^

ReeseKitchen October 17, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

This is so lovely....I must try!

Anne October 17, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

Love how you beautifully arranged the fruits on the cake... quite lovely :)

Swee San October 17, 2010 at 11:58 PM  

huh just 10g of sugar in this cake ??
typo?

wendyywy @ Table for 2..... or more October 18, 2010 at 1:31 AM  

Aiwei,
Hope u'll like this



Bee,
Hope ur mom will like this.



Jess Kitchen,
Thanks



Von,
Yeah, same goes :)
Nectarines from China look pinkish.



Belly Good,
Thanks



Shirley,
I think it'll work too.
Thinking of baking it in a cast iron pan?



lena,
Got. I bought mine at Tesco Pasir Pinji. Even pasar in KK got nectarine. I bought them in pasar for my cobbler.



WyYv,
Haha, please do.



Wenn,
Thanks



Reese,
Hope you'll love this




Anne,
My cake actually bursted. You should look at piggy's cake. Mine is a shame compared to hers. I could only take from one angle for both cakes, as other angles will reveal how ugly the batter bursted out


Swee San,
THANK YOU. I've ammended it.
That shows u really read through and thank you so much for that.

Passionate About Baking October 18, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Gee, this not only looks good, but looks really healthy too! Nice cake to have for tea, Wendy. :)

Zoe October 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Look very good...Thanks for sharing. I will bookmark and try this one day.

Jess @ Bakericious October 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Wendy, I bookmarked this recipe too, now looks like I must faster try to bake this cake. I didnt bake for 3 wks liao leh, miss so much :(

wendyywy @ Table for 2..... or more October 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Jess,
With the blueberries you left at your mother's???
hehehe.

Piggy October 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

Your cakes look pretty too! Glad that you like the recipe. :-D

Lydia October 20, 2010 at 2:28 AM  

This one looks good, I love cake with fruits.

wendyywy @ Table for 2..... or more October 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Piggy,
Thanks :)
Mine looked nothing like yours, yours is so pretty.




Lydia,
I am always tempted to make cakes with fruits too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.





Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amazon

CopyRight

Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Malaysia License. I understand that sometimes recipes are adapted and altered according to individual needs. Please credit if my recipes are used, especially my "Personal Creations".

ALL TIME PAGEVIEWS (internal counter)

Today's Stats (installed 1/3/12)

Analytics

Share

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP