New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Oreo Chiffon Cake
Hmm.. so what chiffon flavours can I try out this time? I lazy to get out and buy stuff.. Yeah!!! I remember I saw an Oreo Chiffon cake before in Cherry Potato’s blog, yeah!!! That’ll be it. And I have a tube of oreo at home. Perfect!!!
True enough, yup, the chiffon cake stayed put, and here’s how it looked like after I got it out from the pan. There’s an indentation there, but hey, that’s ok… compared to having a hole in the middle.. when one uses a tube pan. But I need to practice taking it out from the pan.
Oreo Chiffon Cake Recipe
Adapted from CherryPotato
65gm oreo (half a regular tube), lightly pulverized together with cream
5 egg yolks
60gm corn oil
100gm cake flour, sifted
5 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar or 1 tsp lemon/lime juice
1. Preheat oven at 160/180C.
2. Mix yolks and sugar together. Then put in the oil and milk. Then the sifted flour. Combine with a whisk until smooth. (Do not whisk or beat but just combine)
3. Beat egg whites until frothy, put in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks. Put in sugar gradually and beat until stiff.
4. Fold ¼ of egg whites into (2) and then another ¼ of egg whites.
5. Pour egg yolk batter into the remaining egg whites and fold (no need to be too thorough).
6. Put in pulverized oreos and fold until well combined.
7. Pour into a clean ungreased tube pan (22 or 25cm will be fine) and bake for 45 minutes.
8. Invert immediately upon removal from oven. Wait for it to cool down totally before removing cake from pan.
Oh..... this is very delicious!!! Thanks Cherry Potato!!!!