Thursday, December 9, 2010
So, this recipe makes 16-18 tarts, I think, cos I used 15 cases and they were all so so full!!!!!
But that was all that I have in my freezer.
Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Tart
16-18 cold tart cases filled with your favourite short crust pastry (I used my egg tart crust, or you use the almond galette pastry recipe)
150gm soft brown sugar
2 large eggs
210gm very finely chopped hazelnut
1 Tbsp orange zest (ran out of orange and was lazy to buy, so I used the tangerine that has been sitting in my fridge for the longest of time)
100gm chopped dark chocolate (had a few bars of half eaten dark chocs in the fridge, and one of them is a hazelnut dark choc, what a nice addition)
2 Tbsp Grand Marnier or any other orange liquer
1. Preheat oven at 170/180C
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one after another, beating well after each addition. After both eggs are in, beat for 2 minutes on high.
4. Add the chopped hazelnuts, chopped chocolate, orange zest and liqueur to the bowl and combine all the ingredients
5. Spoon filling into cold tart cases and level the surface.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes(lower shelf) or until surface of filling is set and golden.