Some of us are blessed with kids or even spouses that have no problems with eating vegetables or high fibre food (brown rice or whole grains), but as I said, some of us, not all of us. I’ve seen a lot of high fibre stuff. Most of them feel gritty and grainy. They can become so thick when mixed with water and you have to be really quick to gush it down the throat, or else, it’ll thicken like oat gruel. Not all adults like to eat this, let alone kids.
But no longer, taking fibre is a lot easier with Benefiber. Benefiber is a soluble fibre that doesn’t thicken or alter the texture of your food. Add it in hot or cold and it’ll bulk up your food and drinks with fiber, not texture. And the best is the people you serve this to, will not even notice this and push it away. No smell, no weird colour, no aftertaste, so, they won’t know it’s there. Read the labels before proceeding, so that you may fully understand its usage. Don’t throw in the whole bottle!!!!
Nuffnang on behalf of Novartis sent me this full sized bottle
Here’s what I did to make myself a healthy hi-fibre jelly.
Hi Fibre Creamy Strawberry Jelly
Recipe source: Wendyywy
65gm strawberry (cleaned weight)
5gm gelatin (about 1/2Tbsp)
20gm hot water
40gm honey (depends on how sweet your strawberries are)
¾ tsp Benefiber
140gm plain yogurt
1. Put hot water into a bowl (at least 2 cups capacity) and sprinkle in the gelatin. Make sure the gelatin is moistened with the water. Set it aside.
2. Chop strawberries and cook in a saucepan over low heat until it becomes mushy.
3. Pour hot strawberries into gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is fully dissolved
4. Mix in honey, then Benefiber. Stir until Benefiber is fully dissolved.
5. Mix in the yogurt and pour the whole mixture into a jelly mould.
6. Chill for at least 5 hours.
7. To remove from mould, dip the mould in hot water for few seconds and overturn it onto serving plate. If it doesn’t come off, heat it further with a blow dryer, while being overturned on the plate.
8. Garnish with more strawberries.
So, how’s the taste of this Hi-fibre jelly? The jelly didn’t smell weird or taste weird, but just like it is. Soft, smooth and creamy.
Benefiber is now available in all leading pharmacies at RM23.90 per pack of 80g. But if you want to try out before you get the full sized bottle, visit their website and request for a free sample. I got mine at about 3 weeks upon request.