New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blueberry and Nectarine Cake


I fell in love with the cake the moment I saw it on Piggy's blog.
It looked so so pretty.

Then I saw Elin doing this as well with peaches and blueberries. That time I already have nectarine and blueberries (bought weeks ago) in the fridge. I shouldn't wait any longer. Actually, somehow I've forgotten about this cake, until I saw it on Elin's blog.


I used China nectarines, which are a lot cheaper. This cake is very nice to eat, moist and soft.


Nectarine and Blueberry Cake Recipe
Recipe source : Piggy's Cooking Journal who adapted from 手のひらサイズのベイクドケーキ

Ingredients:
144g butter, at room temperature
100g castor sugar
2 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
144g self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (I skipped this)
2 tablespoon yogurt
2 nectarines, cut into slices (mine was rather smallish)
40 blueberries (surprisingly, I really did throw in 20 blueberries per pan without counting initially, cos that is all that could fit the sides nicely)

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Grease a 18cm loaf pan, and then line with baking paper.
2) In a medium bowl, whip butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat the egg into the batter, follow by vanilla extract. Mix until just combine.
3) Mix in yogurt, follow by flour and baking powder. Mix until the flour just disappear from the batter.
4) Scrape the batter into the pan. Arrange nectarine slices and blueberries on the batter.
5) Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean. Remove from oven, let the cakes cool on wire rack, serve.


22 comments:

  1. yum yum lovely, will have a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely and delicious! Gonna try to bake it for me mum next week, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm....it does look pretty- and delicious too!! And wow- the nectarines are pink inside!! =O I always look at a recipe, thinking that I'll make it, but end up forgetting about it =S Probably because I read too many blogs and want to make too many recipes! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your cake looks very lovely too. Well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this cake looks really good! I think this may work well as a skillet cake too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like how those nectarines were being arranged on the cake..where did you get the nectarines from? is it available here in ipoh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks so yummy, how i wish to have a bite at that ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you beautifully arranged the fruits on the cake... quite lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. huh just 10g of sugar in this cake ??
    typo?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aiwei,
    Hope u'll like this



    Bee,
    Hope ur mom will like this.



    Jess Kitchen,
    Thanks



    Von,
    Yeah, same goes :)
    Nectarines from China look pinkish.



    Belly Good,
    Thanks



    Shirley,
    I think it'll work too.
    Thinking of baking it in a cast iron pan?



    lena,
    Got. I bought mine at Tesco Pasir Pinji. Even pasar in KK got nectarine. I bought them in pasar for my cobbler.



    WyYv,
    Haha, please do.



    Wenn,
    Thanks



    Reese,
    Hope you'll love this




    Anne,
    My cake actually bursted. You should look at piggy's cake. Mine is a shame compared to hers. I could only take from one angle for both cakes, as other angles will reveal how ugly the batter bursted out


    Swee San,
    THANK YOU. I've ammended it.
    That shows u really read through and thank you so much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gee, this not only looks good, but looks really healthy too! Nice cake to have for tea, Wendy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look very good...Thanks for sharing. I will bookmark and try this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy, I bookmarked this recipe too, now looks like I must faster try to bake this cake. I didnt bake for 3 wks liao leh, miss so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jess,
    With the blueberries you left at your mother's???
    hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cakes look pretty too! Glad that you like the recipe. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one looks good, I love cake with fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Piggy,
    Thanks :)
    Mine looked nothing like yours, yours is so pretty.




    Lydia,
    I am always tempted to make cakes with fruits too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...