Friday, August 27, 2010
Apricot Yogurt Cake
This cake was made on impulse.
I was suddenly craving for a butter cake. No, I’m not pregnant. Hahaha.
One two days before I made this, I was scratching my head on what to do with my balance of 500gm apricots. I don’t want to do another bake with apricot, cos I felt I was making too much of it this season. I asked Swee San for some ideas for what to do with them, and she gave me loads of it. But I brushed them all aside. I was only asking because I was at a crossroad, to make or not to make. Half crazy and only needed an outlet for blabbing. Poor Swee San. That shows how nice she is.
But today, I suddenly felt like eating a butter cake, and hahaha, an apricot one that will be then.
So, off I went to buy me some yogurt. I always like my butter cakes with some yogurt. Makes it fluffy and nice. And yes this cake is just like what I expected it to be, fluffy and tender. It may not be very very buttery, but it's definately an option to a healthier butter cake. If I don't tell you, you won't even know that it contains only that small knob of butter in a loaf cake. It cracked, as usual, but I don’t care much about cracks and most of my butter/oil cakes crack anyway. ;P
100gm plain yogurt
120gm fresh apricots, chopped (or use 60gm dried apricots, chopped and microwaved on high with 80ml of water for 2-3 minutes (until it looks plump), drain well before use)
150gm cake flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 160/180C.
2. Sift flour with baking soda and baking powder. Set aside
3. Put 2 Tbsp of the sifted flour into apricots and toss to coat. Set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add in egg and beat for another minute.
6. Put in yogurt and beat for 30 seconds.
7. Put in sifted flour and beat until well combined, it should take you less than 30 seconds.
8. Fold in chopped apricots.
9. Pour batter into a 3X6 loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA