New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Sweet Corn Sherbet
When I was a kid, I don't think I've eaten much of those creamy creamy milky ice creams. I grew up eating sherbets, an ice cream that does not contain "cream", but milk. It's not creamy, but it's not grainy.
When I was 5, Kindergarden ends at 4.30pm. Then I'll be home by 4.40pm. Then dinner at 5 to 5.30pm. I'd be sitting at the front door, on MY small rattan chair, getting fed by Grandaunt. I'll see this ice cream lady pushing her ice cream cart everyday, passing by my house during my dinner time. And without fail, grandaunt will get me 10 sen worth of "ice cream", put into my empty drinking cup for later consumption after I finish my meal.
Brings back a lot of memories when I made this. It made me feel like a 5 year old again.
What about you?
My husband loved this, he said, it's better than those creamy creamy ice creams. Maybe it brings back childhood memories for him too. And to my surprise, my ice cream loving Lydia, didn't take a 2nd lick at this. She didn't like it. She prefers creamy ice cream, that most kids nowadays are so accustomed to.
It feels cold, yes, cold from the inside after I ate these 2 scoops after I took pictures of it. So, it's really perfect for a hot hot day.
Sweet Corn Sherbet Recipe
250ml evaporated milk
250gm creamed corn
1. Cook everything together until it comes to a boil.
2. Leave to cool. (you can just mix everything together, but I'd rather bring it a boil first)
3. Put in a freezer proof bowl and put in freezer.
4. Let it freeze until it is the outer ring is frozen, take it out and whizz with a hand held mixer to break up the ice.
5. Repeat process another hour later. (itmakes the ice crystals more friendly to the blender later)
6. When everything seems half frozen, whizz it with an immersion blender or break it up into a regular blender and whizz til fine.
7. Pack into freezable containers and keep frozen.