New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Chocolate Cherries Oatmeal Cookies



I have this large pack of mixed fruit and nuts that my MIL got me from US. There’s dried bing cherries, cranberries (they look brown cos no additive was added), raisins, pistachios and almonds. I didn’t know what to do with them, so, when I saw this recipe on Honey Bee Sweets, I was delighted!!!

I picked out the cherries and used some of the nuts, and voila, a yummy and chewy oatmeal cookie.
As Honey Bee says, this is supposed to be soft and chewy, and it’s not “Lau Foong 漏风", or masuk angin . It’s meant to be like that, and not crunchy. I did change the method though…. Using a method I learnt from doing a cranberry white chocolate cookie that never got photographed cos I was in my confinement when I did it.

Chocolate Cherries Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe adapted from Honey Bee Sweets

80gm dried bing cherries, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1.5tsp vanilla extract
Mix chopped cherries together with beaten egg and vanilla. Let it sit for at least half an hour until the eggs are absorbed by the cherries.

115gm butter, softened (I always use salted, and I skipped the salt)
100gm soft brown sugar
125gm rolled oats (I used quick cooking)
115gm all purpose flour, sifted with 1 tsp baking powder and 1 t/s tsp baking soda
100gm mixed nuts, chopped
75gm chocolate chips

1. Combine sifted flour with oats.
2. Cream the butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in half of (1), then the cherries and all that is in the bowl.
4. Mix in the balance of (1). Then mix in the nuts and choc chips.
5. Preheat oven to 170/180C. Prepare your cookie sheets and line them with non stick baking paper/parchment
6. Roll balls of dough and place them onto cookie sheet (I used a 1/2Tbsp measuring spoon to form half spheres)
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Place on rack to cool down before packing them in air tight jars.


My kids love these and kept on asking for more cookies : )

19 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. And the recipe doesn't seem that difficult to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy..will book mark this recipe. thks

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think these will be on my Christmas baking list!! looks sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am going to add this in my Christmas cookies list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy when kids like to eat what I bake... good to see the girls enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I Have all the ingredients...perhaps I should bake these...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got Cherries and oat meal, healthy and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh, Lydia and Lyanne look very much alike but yet you can still spot quite a number of differences between them... so sweet! Lyanne look very "si-mun" and Lydia has a bit of the "toughie" look.
    They are so lucky...everytime I give my kids a biscuit, I would get some "very heaty ar..." remarks from the grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy cookies! i wish to have one too :D thanks for the recipe ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spencer,
    It's not difficult to mix, but forming each cookie might take some time




    Jes,
    Hope you'll make this soon





    kk,
    Hope the reciepients will enjoy this




    Anncoo,
    Sure, make lots of it :)





    HomeKreation,
    They'll wallop every cookie I make. They are cookie monsters





    Shirley,
    Try it, it's chewy and nice





    peteformation,
    Yeah, healthy and nice





    Meldylocks,
    Actually hoh, all their features are different. One is after the maternal grandma, the other the paternal grandma. From the shape of the skull, the hairline, the eyebrow, the lips, the nose tip, hahaha, all taken from one single grandma from either side. I always believe in moderation. I do not let my kids eat dozens of biscuits or cookies, but a few in a day won't do much hurt, I believe.





    WyYv,
    Thanks to Bee, the recipe source :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so glad that your cutie pies love the cookies! Nice horr, think I also want to make these again, lol! Yeah, went up to KL over the weekend....super tired but super fun! :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bee,
    Thanks for the recipe :)
    Glad to know you enjoyed the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This recipe is very similar to the one I've posted

    http://blessedhomemaker.blogspot.com/2010/11/oatmeal-currant-and-chocolate-chip.html

    My kids love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blessed Homemaker,
    Yours look great too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wendy this cookies name is choc cherry oatmeal cookies but how come no chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicole,
    wahahaha, so long no one told me, thank you so much!
    Edited oredi, thanks again for telling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wendy, Hahah... I am planning to bake choc cookies for my daughter who loves chocolate alot and this look tempting. When I check the ingredients that I need to buy then realizes how come no chocolate keh... Hahah... By the way can I use fresh roselle in this cookies? So happen I have some. Also what type of nuts u use here?
    Thanx so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicole,
    Pistachio and almonds.
    Cannot use fresh roselle la.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi wendy... thanks for the recipes. i tried once last wed n now have to bake agains my kids n hubby like it very much :-):-):-):-)
    'mid'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...