Saturday, November 6, 2010
Kelp Soup with Beans and Oysters
Adapted from Soups for Expelling Dampness and Heat by Chiu Sang
High cholesterol level, high triglyceride level, fatty liver
Promotes urination, expels phlegm, softens tumours, eases meridian congestion, cleanses the blood vessels, reduces blood fat
20gm dried kelp (kombu, I used Taiwanese)
30gm black beans
40gm soy beans
250gm lean pork, cubed
20gm dried oysters, rinsed (about 5 pieces)
Some spring onion for sprinkling
1. Soak both beans for 2 hours. Discard soaking water, and drain beans.
2. Soak dried kelp for 20 minutes only. Discard soaking water. Cut into smaller pieces or long strip and tied into bows.
3. Bring water to a boil. Put in everything.
4. Boil on high heat for 10 minutes, then lower down to low heat for another 2 hours.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA