Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Coffee Walnut Chiffon Slice
There’s one thind very funny about this cake. Rachel adapted this cake from Happy Flour, and both were trying to finish off their nuts when they made this cake. Rachel wanted to get rid of her mix nuts and Happy Flour had her walnuts in the fridge for months.
But I’m not trying to clean my fridge of nuts, but buttercream and my 2 in 1 Nescafe (still have lots, and I don’t drink this, only buy for baking). I made this buttercream for my soft pumpkin cake, and can’t finish it, so I kept it in the freezer. 4 months later, still as good as new.
(as of the time of this bake. Yaya, made this long ago).
70gm self raising flour, sifted
3 egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar or 1 tsp lemon juice
Some buttercream for filling
Roasted chopped walnuts for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven at 160/180C. Line a 10X10 inch shallow square pan.
2. Mix Nescafe and 20gm sugar with hot water.
3. Mix egg yolks with oil. Combine with (1)
4. Mix in sifted flour. Leave aside.
5. Beat egg whites until frothy. Put in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks.
6. Gradually beat in sugar until egg whites turn stiff.
7. Fold in 1/3 of beaten egg whites into (4).
8. Pour the batter into remaining egg whites and fold.
9. Pour batter into prepared pan and level the surface.
10. Bake for 25 minutes.
11. Remove cake from pan to cool on rack, peel away the side liners and let it cool down completely.
12. When cool completely, slice into half.
13. Sandwich with some buttercream.
14. Spread some buttercream on top layer and sprinkle on roasted chopped walnuts.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA