New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Baked Tropical Banana Flaugnarde


I've been thinking of making this the day I made my first clafoutis, giving the french thing a tropical twist. And now it's the perfect time since I have everything at exact amount, leftovers of coconut milk, pandan juice and some bananas from another kitchen adenture.

Instead of milk cream, I used coconut milk and flavoured it with all time favourite natural pandan juice. Used bananas which are so so tropical and the end result is super yummilicious. My kids and I walloped the whole thing for tea.

Baked Tropical Banana Flaugnarde
Recipe Source : Wendyywy

Ingredients
65gm coconut milk
35gm concentrated pandan juice
17gm or 1 ½ Tbsp sugar
1 egg
23gm or 3 Tbsp all purpose flour (sift before measure)
A few slices of bananas

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 160/180C
2. Mix everything except bananas together. Do not incorporate too much air.
3. Strain and pour into a shallow baking dish. (no need to grease, it comes off nicely)
4.  Put in sliced bananas and bake for 30 minutes until surface of the flaugnarde is golden.

11 comments:

  1. my favorite...

    http://cookingbachelors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you are on vacation, still can make post huh..this is East meet West dessert, sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great time for the short get away. This is a good dessert for afternoon tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it tastes good but wonder how it looks inside....

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey wendy, enjoying your holidays and blogging at the same time?? something new to me again..looks like something between cake and a kuih..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Banana, pandan & coconut ... what a perfect combination ... it must be yummy dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hi,

    I've been so enthralled by your lovely spread of pandan recipes.

    I extracted my very own pandan juice by following your method and had tried out 2 of your recipes so far. They are the steamed pandan cup cakes and this flaugnarde. The cup cakes rose perfectly into beautiful domes but the texture of the cake was a bit on the tough side. Any advice?

    I did the flaugnarde in those disposable aluminium muffin cups today. It was so delicious! I love it :D I should try to bake it in a baking dish next time as the product rose unevenly.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    Ling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ling,
    I'm glad you made your own pandan juice. It isn't hard, right?

    The steamed cupcakes aren't as soft as sponge cakes, but more like muffins.
    Do not overmix, and if you do, the texture will be tougher due to the formation of gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I tried making the steamed pandan cup cake again today using the brief mixing of wet and dry ingredients muffin-making technique as you suggested and it turned to be so much softer! Of course, not as soft as sponge cakes. Thanks for the tip! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...