Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Pasta with Salmon and Red Cabbage in Cream Sauce
I first tasted this at a Italian Restaurant say…. 13 years back, with my 1st bf. Hehehe. Mike knows him… it’s no secret. Anyway, I am not reminiscing about him, but about this fettuccine that I had there. It’s salmon and red cabbage cooked in cream. Absolutely yummy.
You can use any pasta you like, and I used Tripoline here. And if you want to know where I got this pretty frilly edged pasta, it’s at Tesco. It’s their homebrand pasta.
Today I used
150gm tripoline pasta, cooked al dente in a pot of salted water.
200gm red cabbage, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped onions
1 cup whipping/heavy cream
Extra milk for thinning down
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Prepare a small basin of water, put in some vinegar/lemon juice and soak cabbage slices for 5 minutes. This step is to prevent the cabbage from bleeding and making the gravy blue later. Drain the water away.
2. Microwave salmon on high for 2 minutes, or steam it for 7 minutes. Flake fish.
3. Heat pan and put in olive oil.
4. Put in onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
5. Put in cabbage and cook until it looks slightly softened, season with salt and pepper.
6. Put in salmon and heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
7. Put in cooked pasta and toss, if the gravy seems too little, add in some milk.
8. Dish up and serve.
Actually, if you like the taste of lemon, you can just soak the cabbage in plain water for 5 minutes (so that it won’t bleed when you cook it), and squeeze in some lemon juice right after you put in the cabbage to prevent the cabbage from turning blue but pink instead.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA