New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Butter Bread Pudding




I've got a french loaf sitting the the freezer for so long, I've forgotten when did I buy that.
So, to get rid of it, I made this beautiful butter bread pudding. A classic english pudding.

I didn't really plan to make this, so the currants were't well soaked and were a bit burnt. So please soak this in the custard for a while and pour them in together with the custard.

Overall, I quite like it, the sugary crust was delicious.

Butter Bread Pudding (serves 1-2, depends on who much one can eat)
Few slices of French loaf, about ¼ of a stick
Some butter softened for spreading
150ml milk
75ml whipping cream
1 egg
Few drops vanilla extract
3 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp currants or raisins

1. Spread butter over bread slices. Oh please be generous.
2. Arrange bread slices into a lightly buttered baking dish.
3. Sprinkle raisins or currants over.
4. Combine milk, whipping cream, vanilla and egg.
5. Pour ¾ of it over arranged bread. Sprinkle sugar over bread.
6. Let the bread soak for few minutes before pouring the rest of the egg mxture.
7. Bake in a preheated oven of 160C in a waterbath  for 40-45 minutes  or until a knife inserted comes out clean.


Let the bread soak and soak, then pour the balance of the custard in


15 comments:

  1. OMG, I just posted a bread butting pudding yesterday .. Hahaha ... (or a few days ago)

    And looking at the dish... it kinda reminded me, I have 2 too!! gee..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good eh. Bet it is so good to have on lazy weekend morning breakfast....make ma want to buy fresh French loaf to make this, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...looks delicious. Would be a perfect comfort food. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty! I love bread pudding especially the partially burnt part and I would drown it in vanilla cream! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bread pudding is like comfort food, so easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how wonderful, a unique cool dish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this simple recipe.. I always have stale old and hard french loaf and just thrown them away, now, I got a this new recipe.. thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swee San,
    Wah, you made so much bread pudding?
    Quickly post them all la.




    Bee,
    Yeah, soak everything the night before and bake it the next morning, yum yum!!!





    Jet,
    Thanks, best when days are cold :)




    busygran,
    Wah, so rich ah? But it'll be really good :p




    pigpigscorner,
    best way to use up stale bread :)




    Jennifurla,
    LOL, I think this is pretty common, as I read one of the most common bread puddings in UK.




    Chew Lee,
    You can do many variations with this. Maybe you can slather on some jam or marmalade besides butter for different taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love ur cup,where u buy the cups?i made the bread pudding before,i use the oval loaf pan,difficult to be share half to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oilai,
    I tot u have your ramekins?
    Well, I bought these baking cups here in KK.
    You can get some from Daiso, jsut make sure they are ovenproof.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made this recipe tonight and it was simply OUTSTANDING. Added extra vanilla and some cinnamon. Turned out amazingly creamy. Definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. paisley,
    Thanks for the outstanding feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Wendy,
    you bought your ramekin in daiso KK ? I wan. Not sure Daiso singapore have them, will check this weekend.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kate,
    No, I bought this way before Daiso came to our shores at a budget store where they sell rejected and overstocks.
    BTW, KK is too small for Daiso to even look at us. There's no McD, here. Daiso only exists in KL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. just tried your recipe.. is so yummy, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...