Friday, November 5, 2010
Butter Bread Pudding
I've got a french loaf sitting the the freezer for so long, I've forgotten when did I buy that.
So, to get rid of it, I made this beautiful butter bread pudding. A classic english pudding.
I didn't really plan to make this, so the currants were't well soaked and were a bit burnt. So please soak this in the custard for a while and pour them in together with the custard.
Overall, I quite like it, the sugary crust was delicious.
Butter Bread Pudding (serves 1-2, depends on who much one can eat)
Few slices of French loaf, about ¼ of a stick
Some butter softened for spreading
75ml whipping cream
Few drops vanilla extract
3 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp currants or raisins
1. Spread butter over bread slices. Oh please be generous.
2. Arrange bread slices into a lightly buttered baking dish.
3. Sprinkle raisins or currants over.
4. Combine milk, whipping cream, vanilla and egg.
5. Pour ¾ of it over arranged bread. Sprinkle sugar over bread.
6. Let the bread soak for few minutes before pouring the rest of the egg mxture.
7. Bake in a preheated oven of 160C in a waterbath for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Let the bread soak and soak, then pour the balance of the custard in
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA